If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are concerned they could be caused by a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
Sometimes the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in many scenarios the homeowner is responsible. Luckily, the professionals at Stark Services are highly trained to install or repair gas lines and we pride ourselves on getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of things to get done around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to be sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Haltom City codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Stark Services’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to handle a host of gas line projects in the Haltom City community, so no job is too big or too small for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are on their way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Stark Services to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 promptly if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have a smell and isn’t easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
- Install and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks right away.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.