Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating correctly or have been installed wrong.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with long exposure.