Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Doing appropriate safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Haltom City.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are operating correctly, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Stark Services.