Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to start. Completing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Worth.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when operated correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating correctly, especially your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Stark Services.