Your HVAC system is vital to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take this functionality for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, a spike in energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could maintain a continuous supply of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to ask for tune-ups with Stark Services, but we highly encourage signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, check out these benefits:
- Expose minor problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment usually progress slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown diminishes.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable expense that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system functions the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in every room.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC contract grants access to the quickest installs available, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance reduces the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Stark Services offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Stark Services office today.