When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. A lot of people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and grasp the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have safe drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s well-being, you may first opt for continuing the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets costly almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also provide healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to capitalize on the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Stark Services to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Stark Services, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Stark Services office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.