Air conditioners don’t run forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Haltom City, you may be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to think over, as well as the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A new air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Stark Services, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any major imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your family comfier and lowering your yearly heating and cooling costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at once. And you may even be eligible for a discount because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Stark Services. We realize the expense of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 817-668-6689 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.