Air conditioners don’t run forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Haltom City, you could be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several factors to think about, as well as the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and increases comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A new air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Stark Services, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any major immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your yearly utility costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even qualify for a special deal because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Stark Services. We realize the price of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 817-668-6689 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.