Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. What a headache!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this situation. But how do you know when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC professionals strongly suggest servicing it a minimum of once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential problems and increasing its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time to get that done. This allows you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is past, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to maximizing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioner tune-up is a thorough process involving various steps. This is why DIY repair is not suggested. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service appointment:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioning unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals recommend doing this yourself every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners wonder if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less power to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your HVAC system every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, routine AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, complicated and expensive repairs or system replacements.
To optimize your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll enjoy several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is essential for increasing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with skilled professionals, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.