How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of vapors that could be within your Fort Worth residence. Natural gas and gases that come from household furnishings, carpet and paints. None of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Stark Services at 817-668-6689 now to start protecting your residence against this dangerous gas.


Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?

Carbon monoxide may be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to take lightly.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is deadly because you can’t observe it, detect it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in low amounts and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can leak into your house during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Depending on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide could become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once inhaled, carbon monoxide has a half-life of about five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it requires five hours to take it out of your bloodstream. It will take an extra five hours to decrease that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Act Like Other Illnesses

The gas may also cause illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some precautions you can take to keep your home safe:

  1. Every residence with at least one natural gas heater, connected garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. It’s necessary to have an alarm on all levels of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
    Call Stark Services at 817-668-6689 to purchase one. Ask our Experts about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, frequently look at or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every season, and get a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor alerts you to danger, get out of your home right away and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Assistance from Stark Services

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your loved ones can be guarded from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts at 817-668-6689 to learn more.