It’s cold out there. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Stark Services is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.