Scheduling regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your AC system in Haltom City running at peak performance while keeping electricity needs down. It also might even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a couple tasks you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Stark Services, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that entails a big portion of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter weather approaching, it’s also a good idea to add AC upkeep on that checklist.
Spring is a great time to get your cooling equipment scrubbed and checked out. Waiting to switch it on until the first hot day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule service or a new unit, you could be waiting awhile for a technician. And that could become very uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened AC system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner upkeep may be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your cooling equipment in the top condition:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and can decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn maintenance around the exterior condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your equipment, because this can limit airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Stark Services at 817-668-6689, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our Experts get down to the finer details. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is starting, operating and turning off correctly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that need further service, we are ready to give you the most reasonable choice. Pinpointing potential problems early might solve bigger issues later. This also offers you time to strategize if your unit is aging.
When you need a new cooling system, our Experts will work with you to locate the ideal system for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to book your service? Contact us at 817-668-6689 or schedule an appointment online now.