Spring is beautiful for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or cooling.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in Haltom City and keeping costs lower.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility charges down.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in updated air conditioning systems is a huge plus in keeping your power bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to expertly work your thermostat is the best way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of several other approaches to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and correct the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 817-668-6689 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the right fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.