Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or cooling.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Haltom City and keeping bills lower.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility expenses low.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving options in updated air conditioning systems is a huge benefit for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to expertly use your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of several other approaches to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the right fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.